Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Into the Wild

Reading a new book. Into the Wild. A Jon Krakaur book. I love the adjectives he uses, and the seamless story lines. I love his sentence structure and how his imagery comes alive from the page in my mind.

This novel is about a young man who denounces the materialistic American Dream to live a life as a vagabond, a rubber tramp, a nomad explorer. I am not very far into the book yet but so far it is so unbeleiveable. I cant imagine giving up everything to live a life like he did. So solitary, so isolated, yet he was so happy. He had impeccable character. I wish I could have met him. I do feel like that old adage, "the things you own end up owning you" is true. Try as I might, I can't seem to become more of a minimalist.

Can I help it if I like pretty things?

5 comments:

Lil' Hammerhead said...

I just discovered your blog today. You should keep posting!

Thank you for the link.

Angelo Villagomez said...

I read his book about Mormons.

Unaiveia said...

I read that book too. Krakauer is great reading period. I was in Utah this summer and felt kinda weirded because of all the stuff i read in that book.

Brad Ruszala said...

what made you start writing again after a november to august lapse?

Unaiveia said...

the shark commented =) i kinda got caught up reading and commenting on other peoples blogs i just didnt maintain this one. i feel honored to be read now, so i feel the need to keep writing.

thanks hammerhead.