Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bishop

Did anyone else notice the ad in the Variety that was placed DIRECTLY above one of the happy birthday wishes for the Bishop? I nearly fell off my seat laughing. It was one of those Priest abuse ads for priests in Guam. Hello editor!



On another note, the Bishop had a huge mass with full attendance and wreaths of birthday wishes overflowing out the isles and doors. How dedicated catholics are, to spend so much money on wreaths for the Bishops birthday when times are so hard. I was appalled when I later learned there was also a dinner ticket you could buy to have dinner with the Bishop. It would only cost you 75 dollars! geeze! You have got to be kidding me! Priorities are definitly wacked. Come on! Couldn't they lower the price in these hard times? Dont we donate to the church enough?

3 comments:

Lil' Hammerhead said...

Now I have to go dig up the old paper :}

..It's never enough! (the money that is)

KAP said...

That is funny. I only read that issue online.

We thought that was a lot too. I suggested maybe they're trying to get some money for Karidad. Then again, today's paper says Gualo Rai can't afford to have daily masses

Unaiveia said...

I wish I kept the paper now.

I was not aware who the money was being raised for.