Thursday, October 9, 2008

Snakes in the grass

I love it when Tina sends her emails of thoughts on the session. I love her candidness. All the points on why she did, or more likely, did not vote for a bill are logical and I agree with. Procedure is important! What is the use of having a procedure if you dont use it? Alas, this is the CNMI and there is no logic!

I like reading her thoughts because they remind you she is human. I think of most of those old goats as robots. They are cold and heartless.

"This particular vote bothered my conscience a great deal when I realized what
had happened . . . it was still a hard lesson for this freshman legislator. Though I am always disappointed by the gamesmanship . . . we often demonstrate in the House on appropriations bills, I was also frankly disappointed in myself for letting my guard down and trusting in the information I had been given on a bill that was being voted on. "

No comments: