Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I believe in science, do you

Unfortunately the power was out so I missed most if not all of the kick off of the Democratic Convention on TV. I did get to hear Caroline Kenedy and Uncle Bobby speak. My power was out this morning from six thirty to just now. So I missed most of the begining of todays speeches, but I was lucky enough to catch some speeches on NPR. I was moved to tears by many of the speeches. I really have so much hope for November. More hope than I have for CUC unfortunately. My favorite quote has to be from the Virginian Gov., when he said that , "Unlike this administration, the next administration will believe in Science." I had to laugh and laugh and laugh.

I would like to thank PEW, Bridge Capitol Investment, and any private individual who has donated money to keep NPR going. I sadly just dont have enough to go around to give to NPR, but I am an avid listener (it is the only thing good on our airwaves in my opinion) and will be very sad if it is ever closed down.

2 comments:

Lil' Hammerhead said...

I thought that line was great too! :} And was moved to tears on a couple of occasions.

Unaiveia said...

i am just so bummed about missing most of it because of the blackouts. Even NPR is sporadic and it cuts out so i miss bits and pieces. not to mention when they play their recorded bits durring speeches.